Sunday, March 10, 2013

180 Days of Insanity!

So I had this just INSANE idea and that was to see how hard and far I can push this body! We all know I am no 25 yr old stud (i try to be though lol) but I figured if they can do something intense in fitness, well i will be damned if I don't try!

I have embarked on my 180 day journey into Insanity and the land of Shaun T training! I am preparing myself to become an Elite Athlete and a Professional Insanity Instructor along with a P90X instructor. I know this is not going to be easy (nothing worth fighting for is) but I am willing to take a challenge and dedicate myself to this quest!

The basic layout is to do another round of Insanity.. (i did my first round last year, then did some slacking, then Body Beast, then Combat)..so I am now in DAY 6 and just got done Plyo Cardio Circuit and that ends the first week. To be honest...I thought because I had done Insanity before it would be easy to pick it back up, wow was I wrong!

After completing this 60 day run I am NOT taking any days off and heading directly into Asylum which is an even more intense 30 Day program based on the fundamentals of Elite Athlete Training. After graduation of Asylum then I head directly into Asylum 2 which you can probably guess is the most intense program from Beachbody to date! With completion of all three of these programs I intend to take a very short rest..3-5 days and detox my body with a Shakeology Cleanse to help clean out the massive amount of complex carbs I will be taking in. What's going to complete the last 60 days?? The TRIFECTA!! All three Insanity Programs merged together, making this the MOST intense Elite Training Possible.

Some of you may be asking WHY am I doing this...really. Well in July 2011 I was 220+ lbs and dying from the food i was eating and the life I was living. I was tired of waking up and not being able to breath, I could barely breath bending over to tie my shoes, and it took me over an hour to cut my toe nails (gross I know) because I had to stop to catch my breath. I finally had had enough and to make long story short I ordered P90X. For full story feel free to ask me..I can direct you to it on my facebook.

Well thank you for visiting this blog and I hope you follow me along this INSANE journey. I think what would mean the most is to meet Tony Horton and Shaun T and shake their hands for saving a life with the programs they developed. This has not been easy by any means but I now wake up every day thankful for what god has allowed me to become.

No comments:

Post a Comment