Monday, March 11, 2013

Insanity ~ Cardio Power & Resistance

Day 7 of 180!! Cardio Power and Resistance....



Wow!! One day off and it's like starting over again! I think the hardest part are all the power moves like the Power Squats and the walking pushups...just crazy!

I have found myself lacking on water and have noticed a major disadvantage to this. I know better than to be under hydrated doing such intense cardio...so am going to focus more on staying heavily hydrated. After finishing up the first week my body is very sore and swollen. I am retaining water due to the body trying to protect the muscle tissue. I will increase my water intake to help flush the built up lactic acid. I can also tell i am very swollen because i have trouble with stretches in the beginning.

On a much more positive note, I can make it all the way through the warm up without stopping like i did last week. A little progress is always good to prove it's working (god help me if it isn't lol) because this is NOT easy.

As crazy as this sounds, i find myself looking forward to the pain when I get off work. I find this Elite type training to be what my body needs to release the daily stress of work. You find yourself so focused on your form and keeping your core contracted that you forget all about the day. When you are done, the release of endorphins is immense! Your whole body tingles as your metabolisms is burning fat like a well trained machine.

Tomorrow is Pure Cardio and this one is extreme!! It isn't the typical Circuit type training...this one is move after move after move...no breaks except if you need water. I think i will make sure i am very well hydrated tomorrow before this one!!

If you are interested in joining me in this challenge...feel free to message me! Here is a direct link to order Insanity for yourself!

You can also find me on
Twitter:@revxfit
Facebook: revxfitness

No comments:

Post a Comment